Harold Koh – Transnationalist for State Department Legal Advisor
One of the most influential and consequential positions in the White House may be filled by a transnationalist. Obama has nominated Harold Koh, former dean of Yale Law School to occupy the position of legal advisor to the State Department. As a transnationalist, Koh wants to see global laws that all countries must adhere, including the US. Koh will have direct access to the presidential office on foreign and domestic policy. A virulent supporter of homosexual rights Koh has boycotted the Reserve Officer Training Corp, ROTC on Yale campus, preventing them from establishing an office on Yale grounds.
According to John Fonte, National Review Online, he also supports redefining and empowering the courts to overhaul the American judicial system with UN treaties and decisions. Global law should override US Constitution and domestic law in Koh’s opinion. Fonte analysis of Koh shows that he believes in an international justice system. In articles and papers Koh outlines his vision for American law and courts — “American lawyers need to go to international law school to learn global systems and overcome resistant state courts through activist lawyers.” He also wants to ratify UN treaties such as the United Nations Rights of the Child, UNCRC, which would eliminate all parental rights and ratify the pro abortion, anti-Mothers Day Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women, CEDAW treaty. Koh also favors gun control and openly attacked John Bolton at a UN convention for his stand on second amendment rights.
One of the most dangerous policies Koh espouses states that UN laws are self executing, meaning they don’t need ratification by Congress – US courts could change domestic law based on interpretation of UN law and treaties. Koh basically espouses a usurpation of the legislative body of Federal and State government, giving law making over to judges and courts.
Please contact Senator Judd Gregg and Senator Jeanine Shaheen and ask them to vote NO on confirming Harold Koh as legal advisor to the State Department. Confirmation is expected June 24thy, so please call tonight if at all possible:
Senator Judd Gregg
201 Russell Senate Office Bldg
Washington, DC 20510
Main: (202) 224-3324
Senator Jeanne Shaheen
520 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington DC 20510
Here is more…
- Mr Koh supports transnationalism or global judicial systems. It is important that we keep our three branches of government with checks and balances. If judges are now making new laws based on UN treaties and foreign law we will no longer have a Legislative branch of government.
- Harold Koh is an international activist and does not support national sovereignty.
- Koh espouses that lawyers should become trained activist to overhaul American jurisprudence to transnationalism
- Judges are not legislators, judges interpret the law not make or enact laws under our US Constitution.
- Koh wants UN Treaties to overrule our national and state constitutions – stating that “judges should learn new ideas from other countries’ professionals to decide American law”.